On our 1st anniversary of blogging, here are the top 10 postcards of the year. It’s interesting to note that 4 out of 10 images were captured in Brockville.
I don’t have to take a trip around the world or be on a yacht in the Mediterranean to have happiness. I can find it in the little things, like looking out into my backyard. ~ Queen Latifah
Queen Latifah is right; we don’t have to travel far to find beauty; still, we look forward to capturing images from far-off places on our round-the-world trip. In the meantime, as we plan and prepare for our journey, we are reminded to appreciate our immediate surroundings.
1. An early morning practice on the St. Lawrence River in Brockville, Ontario
2. Canoeing, a summertime classic at Lac Poisson Blanc – La Pêche, Québec
3. Misty morning in Long Lake, New York
4. Harvest time at Hall’s Apple Market in Brockville, Ontario
5. First Presbyterian Church and Sally Grant at sunset in Brockville, Ontario
6. A once magnificent doorway ages quickly in the Castro era. – Havana, Cuba
7. A beautiful tree in silhouette at the Brockville Country Club. – Brockville, Ontario
8. Misty November day along California’s northern coast in Bodega Bay, California
9. Bonfire at Lac Poisson Blanc in Outaouais, Quebec
10. Watching over Grizzly Gulch — Handies Peak, Colorado
Tell us, have you travelled far only to return and rediscover your neighbourhood?
Ginette and Gord